Eligible businesses will be able to apply for a grant that will pay for up to 75% of the cost of a move into e-commerce. You can already have an online presence and some sort of rudimentary online-store, but that store must be missing at least two of the features in the list below.
- Customer registration and information security features
- Shopping cart and order management capabilities
- Payment processing options including application of appropriate taxes and shipping costs at time of ordering
- Product catalogue, search and inventory status
- Website analytics and reporting capabilities
The grant can part cover website development, content writing, photos or other graphics, ecommerce platform subscription and SEO and advertising. Successful grant owners must use BC based services providers for all but platform subscription costs, online image purchases and ad spending.
If you’re a BC based business and you’ve been thinking about a full e-commerce facility, head on over to Launch Online for more information.
If you’d like to talk about e-commerce, send me a message using the form below.